Tips for Cleaning Vape Tanks and Coils
A clean vape is the easiest way to achieve optimal performance. Overtime, residue can buildup and eventually affect the performance of your vape. Certain e-juice flavours are more likely to to gunk up coils, which alter vapor production and the output of flavour, giving it a burnt taste.
How to clean a vape tank
There are multiple ways you can clean your vape tank, which depends largely on how dirty it is. Sometimes a simple rinse will suffice, other times a stronger solution may be required to give it a more thorough clean. According to our experts, these are the most effective ways to clean your vape:
For a relatively clean tank, a simple rinse with warm water is perfectly effective. Just take the tank apart, separate the parts, then place each one under running warm water. For an added clean, boil water and place the assembled tank inside it for 20 or so minutes. Once clean, dry the parts with a towel or let the parts air dry before putting your tank back together
Instead of using water, a PG rinse of propylene glycol can be used as a cleaning agent for your vape tank. This method works well when switching flavours to get the old one out completely. Simply fill a bowl with PG, disassemble your tank and let it sit in the solution for at least an hour or two. Once soaking is complete, let the tank drip dry by standing it up on a towel.
Alternative cleaning agents
Simple household items can also be used to deep clean your vape tank. Be sure to rise thoroughly and let your tank dry completely before using again.
- Baking soda can help remove gunk, making your tank sparkly clean.
- Vinegar is highly acidic and can be used as a cleaning solution, however be sure to give it an extra rinse to remove the lingering smell of vinegar.
How to clean vape coils
Cleaning coils can be less straightforward than cleaning tanks. Coils are available in two types and the approach to cleaning one or the other are vastly different:
- Replaceable coils are encased in a small metal chamber that contain an absorbent wick.
- Rebuildable coils require a wick to be installed by the user.
Replaceable coils, such as Vaporesso coils, can be cleaned, but typically doing so will only give you an extra few days out of a tired coil head. You may be better off replacing the coil, but if you want to try giving it a quick clean follow these steps.
- Soak the coil in ethanol or vinegar for a few hours.
- Rinse under the tap.
- Rinse again with distilled water.
- Blow air on the open sides of your coil to force out water and set aside until water evaporates. Sun or heat can help to speed up the process.
Rebuildable coils require regular cleaning, as gunked up coils can affect vapor production and flavour output. Before cleaning, dry burning your coil by pulsing the fire button a few times allows you to remove remaining liquid and re-wick. However, if you have done this a few times, a deeper clean may be required.
- Remove all wicks from coils and atomizer from your mod.
- Place the coils under running water then brush them lighting with a toothbrush or coil cleaning tool.
- Rinse and end with a final dry burn to remove remaining water.
If after these steps your coils still aren’t performing, you may have to rebuild your atomizer.
Shop at Vapeking
Whether you are looking to replace your coils or agents to get them sparkling clean, Vapeking can help you find the perfect solution. Browse our extensive range of coils and cleaning products. If you have any questions reach out to us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to answer all your questions.